Monday, October 25, 2010

It has been pointed out to me that I should update my blog...
Since the last time I posted I have picked up a few regular clients and some new "once-in-awhile" clients. This is going alright. It's still hard to think about how much fun my kiddos are having while I'm at work, but I try to maintain a positive attitude and remember that God has me with these specific clients for a reason. I'm still loving my job, which is SO important.
Last time I posted I also told everyone about Brad's lay-off notice. Well, the Lord heard our prayers and gave Brad a job a week later! He works for Clark Associates ~ They have warehouse supplies and weird things that I don't remember the names for... Right now he is organizing their warehouse, setting up an inventory system and doing a few deliveries here and there. So far it seems like a great fit. They genuinely respect him and take his ideas seriously. The kids and I have taken him lunch and we were able to meet quite a few of his coworkers and the owners of the company. Arend approves, so that's all that really matters! =)
On the home front we have been having "adventures". The car I was driving got grounded due to brake issues, the car Brad is driving is a big slice of humble pie (if you feel like making others mad, drive this bad-boy on the highway!). The tranny is just about shot, so some days you just have to take your time. He is a great sport and doesn't complain about it at all. Then of course the toilets are leaking... My favorite is the downstairs toilet... It was leaking hot water! I giggled pretty good over that one... I was told I'm not allowed to fix it, so my hubby fixed the toilet one day with Arend supervising. They make a great team!
It's 5:30 am now and I need to leave for work, so I will leave you with what I read this morning for devos. I'm going through Oswald Chambers "Utmost" and the post for today started with this:
"A Christian worker has to learn how to be God’s man or woman of great worth and excellence in the midst of a multitude of meager and worthless things. Never protest by saying, “If only I were somewhere else!” All of God’s people are ordinary people who have been made extraordinary by the purpose He has given them."

~Jessie

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked the outfit! It was fun to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! glad you took my advice! what a great devo this morning!! praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete